Water dispenser is one of the most practical and convenient appliances that let you have icy cold or steaming hot water anytime by just touching the lever. Each one of us is aware of the benefits of water dispenser. Water dispensers that can be connected to direct water supply are one of the best alternatives to the expensive water bottles that you will have to buy otherwise.
Besides knowing and reaping the benefits of a water dispenser, it is also important to know how to maintain it so that you keep getting clean and safe supply of drinking water.
Maintenance of any water dispenser– whetherit is as advanced as Kent Perk or some other basic model – isimportant because moisture is a haven for mould and bacteria to develop. It is recommended that you clean it on a regular basis and cleaning it is not a tough job. All you need is a little desire and some time.
- Cleaning of the system is recommended if you notice a decrease in the pressure rise, the normalized flux has decreased or normalized salt content of the filter has increased. In any of these three instances, it is an indication that your system needs cleaning. Most of the systems already calculate the approximate time when such things can happen slightly as well as when you notice a decrease in the pressure rise in the pressure container.
- The very first thing to keep in mind is to unplug the appliance before you start with the cleaning process. This is important because if you try cleaning it without unplugging you put yourself at the risk for getting a shock. Even if you don’t intend to use it for a long period of time, you should unplug and drain out the water.
- Though in most of the advanced purifiers, the storage tank can be opened only by a technician, you can drain out whatever water comes out on its own. If the model is not fixed, then you can try tilting it a bit.
- To get the optimal cleaning results, either RO filtered water should be used or soft water would do. No hard water or untreated water should be used for cleaning the system. Often, we overlook this aspect, but when it comes to longevity of the components and getting the best cleaning results, this tip is extremely important.
- To remove any dirt that has accumulated or clogged, the rule of thumb says that the cleaning process should be started off with a low-flow recirculation and that too as said above with filtrated water.
- Once your water dispenser gets cleaned up,you are sorted to enjoy clean water for next few days until it is time for next cleaning. You can now plug back the unit. Give it some time to cool and heat up water and then start using it.
There are dispensers that dispense both hot and cold water, while some are only chiller and pure water dispenser. Both these require some maintenance. If you are in a hurry, you can go ahead with quick cleaning, which is superficial, but oncein a while you need to call the technician for deep cleaning.
Besides cleaning the interior of the dispenser, you should also clean the exteriors, including under the drip drain. Wipe off all the external components with a clean towel that is dampened with the same solution of water or vinegar that you prepared for interior cleaning. All the removable plastic parts can be washed in hot, soapy water. Soak them in it for 10- 15 minutes and then wash them. Let them dry completely before putting back in place.
Once everything is done, you can plug the unit back in and enjoy safe and clean drinking water.